Thursday 29 December 2011

Favourites of 2011

As 2011 draws to a close I just wanted to share with you my most popular blog posts of the year and wish you a happy 2012. It has been an interesting and varied year of cooking, eating, growing and experimenting and I've really enjoyed it. It's lovely to have the start of an online collection of my favourite recipes to look back over, my memory is pretty rubbish so I have to store it all somewhere... By far the most viewed post has been my Homemade Salami, which was pretty hard work to make, but I still have hog casings in the fridge so will definitely be repeating in 2012, the red wine and walnut one was delicious, and my summer trip to Provence has inspired me to be even more experimental next time...



This is closely followed by the Caramelised Garlic Tart which I have made a lot this year, it has over 30 cloves of garlic in it, but is somehow is still mild and sweet and cheesy and delicious. The Spring Chicken Terrine recipe has fed many hungry guests over the year, it can also be made with rabbit, pheasant, pork, whatever you fancy really. The beginnings of a Wild Duck Terrine are taking place in my little kitchen right now ready for the New Year feasting.



The Braised Shoulder of Lamb came next, with Barley and Pomegranate Salad, but I have served with various sides over the year, depending on the season. There is nothing nicer than having people round and plonking a big shoulder of soft sticky sweet lamb on the table for everyone to tear apart.

The Salmis of Pheasant with truffle was a challenge, but very tasty, I'd love to try it again with a truffle that actually tasted of something, I think I was duped in Palma airport and ended up with a truffle shaped ball of nothing very special. That's what you get if you pay 3 euros I suppose...


Finally the Lamb, Mint and Pinenut Meatballs which are actually what I'm making for tonight’s supper, so a fitting end to this year and this post. They are my favourite comfort food with sweet tomato sauce, buttery warm couscous and sweet cumin yoghurt, really delicious.


I hope you have enjoyed all my posts this year, I'm looking forward to more recipes, culinary experiments and Grazer markets next year. Hope you all have a very Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy cooking! Let me know if you make any of my recipes, send a picture, and let me know any of your own recipes and tips! Anna x